About Consumer Protection
The Consumer Protection Section at the Commercial Protection Department of DED works to create a safe consumer environment for the members of the Abu Dhabi community through the following:
- Establishing and implementing policies, procedures, and regulations related to consumer protection, which ensure that consumers obtain the best quality goods and services.
- Receiving complaints from the public and following up on their resolution in a record time, whether general complaints such as high prices or complaints related to the consumer's dissatisfaction with a specific good or service, and ensuring that they are resolved as soon as possible to achieve consumer satisfaction.
- Educating the community and informing the consumer of his rights and duties.
Consumer protection laws and circulars:
- Popularisation of Arabic
- Popularisation of facilities cards and reduced rates
- Compliance with published prices and billing
- Consumer Protection Guide
The Consumer Protection Division puts digital channels at the service of consumers and commercial center and sales outlets owners. The “Price Monitor” feature on the ADDED website allows consumers to check the prices of desired products at different locations, before heading to the store to purchase the desired item.