About Consumer Protection
The Consumer Protection Section at the Commercial Protection Division of ADDED works to create a safe consumer environment for the members of the Abu Dhabi community through the following:
- Establishing and implementing policies, procedures, and regulations related to consumer protection to ensure consumers obtain the best quality goods and services.
- Receiving complaints from the public and following up on their resolution in a record time, whether general complaints such as high prices or complaints related to the consumer's dissatisfaction.
- Educating the community and informing the consumer of their rights and duties.
Consumer protection laws and circulars:
- Popularisation of Arabic
- Popularisation of facilities cards and reduced rates
- Compliance with published prices and billing
- Consumer Protection Guide
- Circular No. 10/2021 Circular on Sports Clubs and their Related Services
- Circular No. 11/2021 Circular on offices Licensed with printing and other related services
The Consumer Protection Section provides digital channels at the service of consumers, and owners of shopping centres sales outlets. The “Price Monitor” feature on the ADDED website allows consumers to check the prices of desired products at different locations, before heading to the store to purchase the desired item.